How many rooms in The Harrison?

AnnC

It says that it has the potential for up to 9 rooms, but I just don't see it. I know that there is a hidden room, but even with that, I see 7 rooms total. Where is the 9 coming from? Does it comes with extra partitians or something?

Songbird's Harrison has eight rooms and a hall. I'm not sure if she added extra or not, but it's beautiful!

gallery_2087_1185_645003.jpg

Wenlaine's has 6, but she mentions purposely taking out walls.

gallery_34_333_18889.jpg

Alright, here's the description for the site:

Big rooms in this Tudor mansion! The Harrison uses movable partitions to create up to nine large rooms with six, count'em, six bay windows to make the interior wonderfully bright and spacious. There's a hidden roof panel leading into a secret third floor studio room with French doors opening onto an elegant terrace. Window boxes and diamond patterned "leaded" windows complete the regal picture.

So, yes, I guess they do make it easy to add or subtract walls depending on your needs. How thoughtful!

Wow, this is the first time I've seen Songbird's Harrison. It's beautiful.

There is a hidden room behind the washrooms in both of those versions. Songbird's would have 9 total rooms and mine has 7 rooms. Here is a picture of the hidden room.

You both did a wonderful job on this house! I love the little details of this particular house, and there is something about that little hidden room that is drawing me in. I haven't done a Greenleaf house in a very long time as I am not a big fan of the rough wood and all of the sanding involved, but you just can't get little details like this for such a great price in any other dollhouse line.

It looks like the rooms are quite big in this house too.....or is that just the pics? Seems to me like you could add a couple of extra rooms with some plywood partitians. Did this kit come with extra partitions because it seems like the prototype pic has a wall blocking the front door from view when you are viewing the back of the house.

I always liked this house for the size. A RGT or MDF this size would weigh a ton. Would it be possible to leave some of the punch out pieces for the windows in? I would like smaller window openings and plain "glass" in them If I ever get a Harrison. The little bathroon under the stairs is really nice.

Thanks for all your kind words, I looked at Wenlaine's Harrison many times while building mine for inspiration!

The rooms are pretty large, but tend to be long and narrow so it might be hard to divide them further. I guess you could leave some of the windows in but it might take away from the tower look in the front.