When Did People Become So Mean?

Merry

I am very sorry that your DH has been treated so terribly. Poor man, to be kicked while he's down! What a worry for you both, although you do mention he has another job potentially lined up. It sounds like he has a very good case for wrongful dismissal, and I hope he pursues it. That company needs to be taught a lesson!

The economy is to blame for a lot of the current employment woes, I agree - but even when I was much younger and working in the head office of a major bank, I was fired for taking too many of my sick days. When I was at work, I worked twice as hard as the others, didn't take my coffee breaks, and ate my lunch at my desk, while still working. (This didn't make me popular with my colleagues!) My health issues were genuine, and I was shocked to be fired. Large corporations have never looked after their employees, IMHO.

Hope your DH gets better soon - and that he finds a GOOD employer!

Thank you, everyone!!!

My DH has been offered another job (same pay), and the big chain store has offered his job back!

So.....my DH still has another surgery coming up which the big chain knows about, yet will be upset when it happens. He's debating whether he really wants to go back and work for the greedy creeps.