Mini shopping

IAK

:D Yesterday I met up with Jaimie Marvon at a mini store by her home. It was great to meet her. I had seen her upgraded windows for the Garfield and started thinking about getting them for mine, even though I had already installed the "plastic" ones that came with the kit. I ended up ordering them. I went to Jaimie's house after and saw her "Garfield" in person. WOW this really got me excited! It looks great. Bigger in person then I thought. I am so inspired now. When I got home I removed the windows I had already installed. This really kind of made me discouraged because I had spend many hours putting them in. Had to do some spackling and now sanding but I know in the long run it will all be worth it. I feel like I am starting over. Can't wait for those windows to come in! Thanks for a great day Jaimie.

That is so cool that you got to meet one of the other members from the forum! Andrew (doogster) and I are members of a forum for a singer (she does classical and classical crossover type stuff) anyway, we have met a bunch of the members of that forum at a couple of concerts in Las Vegas. It was really fun to put faces with names! sounds like you had a nice visit with each other. I have thought about going to the next chicago mini show and would love to meet other people! Marg

Your house is awesome! How long did it take to build it? When I look at dollhouse like yours I feel so much like an amature. Loved looking at your pics

Your house is awesome! How long did it take to build it? When I look at dollhouse like yours I feel so much like an amature. Loved looking at your pics

Thank you for the compliment Irene. It's always nice to have positive feedback on our work isn't it? I would love to see pic's of your works. After i finish posting this note i'll look for pictures.... :D

Your Garfield is going to look incredible! You are doing an excellant job! I LOVE the colors! Can't wait to see more pic's!!!!!!!!!

Aww! Isn't she sweet??? :unsure:

It was really great meeting her too. We had a lot of fun. Next time is my turn to go to her place. I told her I felt special being able to "brag" a little on my progress. Plus when we go the the DH store the owner remembered my name (i've been there MAYBE once a month.. ) and when she was helping other customers she asked me to anser the phone! Wow I felt really important and trusted!! We each oooh and awwed at all the beautiful houses in the show and the amazing furniture and trinkets as well. It was a great time! Unfortuantley it was only an hour and a half. I could have spendt the whole day! :D