the girl wants a tower

dollshousegirl

well me and Sara choose her colours for the laurel yesterday , went and browsed the sample pots in the local DIY store. the colours she choose are very nice, pink, blue and green, they sound strange but all look nice together, she had coloured a picture of the Laurel with her colours she wnated

I told her the colours she choose wouldn't look out of place on a painted lady, she wanted to know what a pianted lady was. so we had a discussion and found some painted ladies on the internet, which she was very impressed with. we found one she particulaly likes pinks and greys, looked at it and said 'mum wheres my colured pictured of my house' so i found it for her and she said 'you know what I am thinking' 'what' said I, 'well could you add something on to it' (she has the heart of a basher) 'don't you think a tower would be nice mum'

so I am to add a tower to the side of the Laurel and turn it into a proper painted lady. off to the carpet store to see if the have any big cardboard tubes, I can cut an opening in one for the back and put a nice spiral staircase in there

incidentally this is the picture she saw which made her want a tower

post-315-1145196526_thumb.jpg

Another item you could use that might be sturdier than a carpet tube is those tubes at the hardware store that contractors use. I bought the largest one I could find and cut it down with the intentions of doing a tower, a fairy grotto, you name it. The carton stuff it's made of is perfect for a tower, etc. I still have the sections have just never gotten around to creating it. My idea was to create a tower with a round winding staircase. Also, wood finals for bedposts might work for your dome. That's really neat, I haven't done a Laurel yet, I look forward to your pics.

thats an idea, espicailly if they are a bit stronger, don't really want a long bit, but if I do get a long bit, thats more projects to think of (don't know if thats good or bad) !!!! huummm

any way here is a picture of her with the house, we have been painting windows today, although she got fed up half way through ad went to read her book.

I also painted to roof and told she could not paint cos she would probaly get blobs of blue paint on the pink ! so what did I promptly do, get a blob of blue of the pink right at the front, so got to paint over that

I am really liking this house, when the windows went on, I thought its got lots of charm. personally i wouldn't have chosen to do with it what she has.

I would have made it into a salt box/prairie farmers dwelling with nice shaker furniture, plain and simple inside and out !! thats what i would have done ! maybe when she's left home and forgotten about it !!!!

post-315-1145215335_thumb.jpg

any big cardboard tubes, I can cut an opening in one for the back and put a nice spiral staircase in there
I have one I originally acquired to make a South Beach (as in Miami Beach, FL) house as featured in MC a few years ago; I'm also thinking of all the bashes I can do with it.

I would have made it into a salt box/prairie farmers dwelling with nice shaker furniture, plain and simple inside and out !! thats what i would have done

And the reason you can't just get another one for yourself to do as you wish...

Your daughter is so pretty!!

What she said!!! :lol:

she said 'you know what I am thinking' 'what' said I, 'well could you add something on to it' (she has the heart of a basher)

<getting misty eyed> That's just beautiful. Obviously, you have raised this child well.

Deb

How about PVC plumbing pipe? It comes in a miriad of sizes, is strong as anything, and can be bought in white or black. And it's cheap, and cheap's my middle name, well it would be if I had one. If there's any construction going on around you the crew'll likely let you raid the dumpster (they pay for disposal by weight) and remember all that stuff is just waste building material not garbage.

And the reason you can't just get another one for yourself to do as you wish...

What she said!!! :lol:

hey ! don't give me ideas !!! like I need anybody too LOL

spent my few moments falling asleep last night thinking of my Shakers house and all the lovley furniture I could have in it, (the bay window would have to go though) and as soon as i woke up this morning, there was the Laurel box as if to say get another and make me into a saltbox. at least its cheaper than the BEacon hill I have been dreaming about teeheee !!!

getting misty eyed> That's just beautiful. Obviously, you have raised this child well

I have haven't I, she's a little star !

thanks for saying shes pretty, she dosen't beleive it when I tell her, cos thats just a mom talking

How about PVC plumbing pipe? It comes in a miriad of sizes, is strong as anything, and can be bought in white or black. And it's cheap, and cheap's my middle name, well it would be if I had one. If there's any construction going on around you the crew'll likely let you raid the dumpster (they pay for disposal by weight) and remember all that stuff is just waste building material not garbage.

hey thats a great idea, my mother is having building work done at the moment, I'll just give her a ring to see if there is any left over pipe hanging around !! cheers matey