Parental Nostalgia

LPCullen

My youngest child is graduating high school on June 12. I was going over the list for the invitations last night and getting the address for his paternal grandparents. As I was doing that, it really hit me! You know, it just really doesn't seem that long ago that his paternal grandparents came to the hospital to visit him when he was born!

I know, Linda. I was feeding Corrina lunch the other day and couldn't help thinking it seemed like only a few years ago it was Missy who was being fed and here it is, her daughter. But worse yet, when I think of my son, Troy, being 40 soon, it's so hard to imagine. God, it just seems like last year I was in my 40's. Where did the time go??

I still vividly remember the nurses telling me to push because they said Chels had over an inch of hair on her head. She came out looking like an "eskimo baby". If you took my sisters newborn photo and chels` they are identical. Long, thick, black hair and a tiny round swollen red face. She was gorgeous! And didnt lose a strand of that hair. It went down to middle of her back in corkscrews at age 2.

Fast forward to today : Tackling the mailman to see if he has summer Wesleyan acceptance papers and we finished filling out her SAT forms.

Nat had the same hairstyle when she was born!

Now she is "sashaying" in her new heels...(trying to do what they did on America`s next top model.. :D )

Memories..Like the corners of my mind.. Misty watercolored memories...