Frankenhouse Lives..

sammything

Okay, well, I've nicknamed the Coventry "Frankenhouse" for the time being. Being a nice neat, orderly person, this house is testing me.

I digress..this is my first house, and in the begining, it was neatly primed, everything clean, a solid shade of white. But now, the primer has been sanded, so there's thin spots, the glue from putting the walls up is smudged in places, I think there's even a glue spot resembling my thumb somewhere! It's got a small bit of grime form DH's project (I'm still in the garage, but will be moving inside after I've cleaned it up a bit).

I'm happy to report that the walls are up, and I'm preparing to put the upper porch thingy on. It looks like hell, but the glue seems to be holding up.

Is this normal? Is there hope? will enough paint cover this freakish skeleton underneath? IS IT SUPPOSED TO LOOK LIKE THIS???

(I'd send pics, but the camera is missing...)

Lori

LOL Lori! YES!!! They all start out like that! Not to worry, it will be fabulous when you get more done to it! I like the Coventry, but haven't built it. It's such a pretty house!

Lori :)

You should see my houses whenI first start! :) Let me give you a visual: Pieces everywhere.. instructions scattered over the floor - tape - glue and me sitting in the middle of all of it with an evil glint in my eyes mwahahahah - That's the good visual - then I start working! :lol: Oh yes I've taken built houses appart to refurbish them.. brought home boxes of house parts from folks who gave up and tossed everythign they didn't lose in a box - and let me tell you- there's almost nothing that can't be fixed! It sounds like you're really off to a very good start - much better than 90% of mine. And once you get the final room paint or wallpaper in, the trim, the rugs and furnishings you're going to be amazed at how really beautiful it is when it started as a simple shell. :)

-David

It's a lot like cleaning out a closet. You know you're making progress when everything is a total mess. :D Then you turn that curve where things start coming together and the beauty you envisioned begins to emerge.

Deb

Lori: Just wait until you're laying in bed and picking paint out from under your fingernails, or you go to work the next day and someone says to you "You worked on your dollhouse last night didn't you?" and you wonder how they know till you look at your hands and realize they're carrying a slight tan from the stain you used last night or even worse wearing bandaids, because of splinters or worse the knife slipped. LOL

Or no matter what room you go into in your house, there is miniature pieces, magazines, printed off pages or a little stack of glue tops, razor blade packages and you warn everyone NOT to throw it away,cause it will be used for _____________________.

How many have admired someone's new clothes while thinking the whole time Darn that sure would make nice curtains, or upholstery for a couch? Or they show you a piece of jewelry or charms and think Is that to scale?

See, Lori, this addiction grabs you quick and changes the way you view the world. LOL