Uploading New Avatar

I'm getting the following message when I try to create a new avatar:The total filespace required to upload all the attached files is greater than your per post or global limit. Please reduce the number of attachments or the size of the attachments.

I have a Kodak digital camera, and when I download pictures to my computer, they automatically go into Kodak's software. They go into a folder, and when you double click on the folder, you see the individual pictures. Each picture ends with .jpg, so I don't think the format is a problem. I don't really understand how I can save a picture in anything other than where they are so that I can resize.

I'm not sure if anyone can help, but I'd like to figure it out so that I can start adding pictures to my gallery also.

Holly is the wiz on this...I had the same problem loading pics in my gallery...she said I needed to resize them and when I finally figured out how to do it, it loaded just fine...try that and if that doesn't work, PM Holly.....

Elicia

dark and cold in South Carolina

This holly is computer illiterate, but with patience and mini links that didn't work for me, Dean & crew got through to me that I had to reduce my picture sizes, back when I was blogging my Team Arthur build and couldn't get the pictures to load (I don't use a digital camera, BTW; did I mention my techie illiteracy?).

I take my disposable camera to the drugstore and get one-hour processiing, which inclues a photo CD which I then bring home and load into "My Pictures". When I double click on a picture I can turn it rightside up, if necessary, and then I can click on edit and the picture used to open in "Paint", where I discovered that cropping & enlarging it reduced the pixel size to what the parameters here will accept. Lately the film processor's software has improved, and when I click to edit the picture the cropping automatically enlarges to fill the frame, so I don't get any more wierd white spaces.

There are a few threads in this forum with lots of info for you, you can use the "Search" feature and either "photo upload" or "Picture upload" in your parameters.

Tried a few things but didn't work. Resizing before I upload is the problem. It opens in Paint for editing, but anytime I try to resize, it just cuts off the picture instead of resizing the whole picture. By the way, which Holly should I contact? :)

Itisn't me, I'm here. And when I edit my pictures to reduce the pixel size, yes, it cuts out the background "stuff" and a lot of the clutter I don't particularly want the whole world to see!lol My pictures ALWAYS need editing, though.

Hi Janice,

I have a Kodak easyshare digital camera. When I download pictures to the computer, they go into the Kodak program and I save them to my hard drive under my pictures. When I access the pictures, I right click the individual picture and a menu pops up. I can resize the picture from there.

Hope this helps.

Thanks, but I've tried that already and it doesn't give me the option to resize. It gives me the option to edit, and when I click on it, it opens in Paint (which doesn't let me resize properly). I'll keep trying.

I use a little free program called Irfanview. It is free to download at this web site. http://www.irfanview.com/

go down to where you see 5 little cows and click on that link. When that page pops up click on download now, then on RUN.

After you get the software downloaded you open your picture in it and go to image resize/resample. In that dialog box just click in the 1024 X 768 box or smaller on the right hand side. Now save your picture and it's ready to go.

If you need more detailed instruction PM me and I will help you out.

Julie