Physical Therapy

Deb

My Physical Therapy is OVER! Do you hear it? I hear angels singing in the heavens! LOL

Yesterday was okay. I did not have to do anything. It was my discharge appointment. I was in mega pain and he could see it. He was worried. I told him that it was because of the PT the day before and probably a fibro flare coming on. He totally understood. He wanted to make sure I was okay.

I said he was evil at some points but he is a really good therapist. Except for my foot still being numb, he has helped me with a multitude of stretches (that I do every day) that have made me more mobile since this happened.

He has given me the tools to stretch my sciatic nerve and strengthen my core muscles so that I can maybe avoid this happening again. He brought me back to the days when I felt the burn and liked it! Remember the burn? Oh I loved to walk up this really really steep hill when I was younger. I could feel the burn in my legs and I enjoyed every step of it.

He has gotten me back to wanting to get physically fit again. Seriously..I am not blowing smoke up anyone`s tush on this one. I have been to the gym twice so far. I really wanted to wait until my friend got her gym membership (which she did) so that we can do this together.

She and I are sick of being unhealthy. For me it is not a vanity issue (but that is a bonus). For me it is that I cannot do what I used to do so long ago. I want to be able to walk 4 miles like it was nothing. I want to go to the Dr and have him lower my medications because I do not need them as much.

My goal...I want to come back to him in six months for a visit and have him maybe not recognize me right away..because part of me has disappeared.

I have an appt with Dr. Wet Noodle next Thursday. Wish me luck and the powers of persuasion to get this dude to check out my back.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic