Pictures in gallery

heidiiiii

I just realized something! If my computer gets wiped clean... I will lose all my progress! All my pictures! Ummm! Okay yes I didnt save them on disc. Lesson learned.

Is there a way you can save the pictures for me, or are they lost forever.

If you are wondering what I am talking about, I posted a topic in Chit Chat about it.

Thanks and I am going to look now and enjoy them while they last...i think.

Last year my computer broke. I have lost many, many photos and files. I was even crying because of this... You should always back up files on disks - but, to be honest, I'm still not doing it.... ;) A friend of mine was able to safe some files with a specific computer program. Professional help can be very expensive!!! But maybe you have a friend who works with computers and who can help you to safe your pictures. Wishing you luck, I know it's very frustrating...

Heidi, it's still possible that you'll get your stuff back - it's not necessarily the hard disk that has the problem (assuming it is a hardware problem), and even if it is, the data can still be rescued. My fiance was upgrading a few parts of my pc a couple of years ago, and I told him to make sure he backed up my photos first - he didn't bother, and something happened to the hard drive; when he rebuilt the pc, it couldn't be read. He brought it to a couple of local experts and they managed to get back almost all my irreplaceable photos. Don't lose hope yet!

But do remember in future to make backups - it's hugely important. I have 3 cds with my entire photo collection on each, so that even the backups are backed up! I couldn't face the loss of them all again - it took me months to forgive him for not backing them up when I asked! It doesn't take much time, and it's _so_ worth it.

<standing in corner, embarrassed face, turning in corner to take my punishment>

I know! I know! You always say, "gotta save my files" and then you never get to it. I will be going out tomorrow to get new version of Mcaffee and some new dvd-r`s and I am going to be a good doobie and do what I was supposed to do! I also need to put all my addresses from Outlook into yahoo just in case also.

I will never do that again. I promise. Swear. Cross my heart and hope to die. Stick a needle in my eye.

:) ;)