Oil tank pipe

heidiiiii

I had been bouncing back and forth on whether to make a fake coal scuttle on side of dh or pipe for oil intake. I finally decided on the oil pipe since I have one and it would be ez to copy.

I know I could probably use something simple like a bendy straw but I want this to last. Do they make copper tubing or pipes and elbows that small?

I wouldnt even know what size to ask for. I could probably look.

Has anyone else done this and if so, what did they use?

Unless you're going to pipe actual fue oil through it, why not use the bendy straw? I'm using one for the downspout on the Coventry. Paint it with spray paint & give it a try, if you don't like it there's always polyclay.

ROFL!!! My house is going to have automatic delivery!

No, I was thinking about strength because of kids. I plan on giving this house to the 1st granddaughter (or son) and I thought if I used a straw (that was my first thought) It would be to ez for a kid to say "Hey what is this?" and break it off. Maybe I can fiddle with it and figure out how to make the straw indestructable.

Never seen copper but you can get brass tubing at hobby stores, and it's cheap, cuts with a razor saw easily, and is strong enough for a model. You'll likely need some form of tubing bender to get a clean bend (it'll cave in somewhat on the inside of the bend, the outside will look great. And you can get brass tubing down to almost nothing in diameter. The really small stuff could be hand bent, the bender gives a nicer result though.