Philadephia Story

heidiiiii

I was in my bed and after searching realized The Philadephia Story was on. I love Katherine Hepburn. Made Nat sit for a lil while and watch it. She stayed for the whole thing and was laughing!

We have DVR on our cable box, so when an old movie comes on, I tape it and force (with love) them to watch it. Have to share in tradition. When I was a kid and only one tv and basic cable, on sundays we would watch Doris Day movies or Elvis Movies, Dean Martin and Jerry Lewis movies.

I have gotten them to watch all of Audrey Hepburn`s movies, Love story, The Graduate, Lolita, Grapes of Wrath, To kill a mockingbird, 12 angry men.. the list goes on.

I taped an old 1969 movie called Cactus Flower (anyone remember who starred in it?) I remember watching it on basic as a kid.

They were shushing me and laughing.

Thought I would share my lil family story. :D

Yes, Yes, and Ingrid Bergman.

Before your time?

OMG! I am old!

I was born in 1969. The summer of LOVE.

Got to wear ponchos, gauchos, earth shoes, and frye boots the first time around. Now they are hip with the youngin`s.

They told me I should have saved all that stuff.

I showed them a pic of me in my Polly Flinders dress.. Asked them if I should have saved that too? :(:)

LOL

Heidi, You're the same age as our DS#2.

Nice Havana. :(

He was fortunate to grow up in the 70s too. LOL

Boy our clothes were ugly.

Disco

sitting in car at gas station on even day while dad swears about gas

polyester

teachers trying to teach us the metric system because the US was going to use it, and then they didnt.

I could go on and on.

LOL