Wiring a Pierce

angliris

sad2.gifAny ideas for wiring a 16 year old Pierce? Do you think I need to find away to take the entire house apart before trying to use wiring tape, or could I slip the tape through cracks between the floors before I reseal them to the wall pieces? Anyone ever tried this before?

Also if anyone has a set of the instructions for putting the Pierce together that they could scan and send to me that would be fantastic. I'm hoping that with the instructions I can see where I can move something over slip the wire through and then put it back with damaging anything.

I was given an old/half built/cement glue covered/sadly erected by two 10 year old girls/half the pieces missing Pierce by my husband's Aunt a while back. Believe it or not, the instructions were still in tact though. Decided that I really didn't want to spend the time sanding off glue and bought another un-opened/16 year old Pierce kit for a steal here locally. Been working on it off an on for about 6 months now. Love this house! So, the long and the short of it is that I have two sets of directions for this kit and will send you the extra copy if you would like.

The one I got from New Day that she had bought to rehab & gave up on had been built with hot glue and I don't know the age of the builder(s), hopefully a bit older than the builder(s) of the Laurel, but (t)he(y) apparently got horribly sloppy/ impatient with the hot glue & paint; I have a heat gun ready for this puppy!

• 1 month later...

Hi~ My Pierce is 26 years young this Christmas! I built it when I was just 11-12 its a GREAT house. If your Pierce is allready papered and finished on the inside, I dont see any problem with adding wiring, as long as you are prepared to go SLOW, and have lots of patience!! I would lightly trace where I wanted my light fixtures to be with 1/4" quilters masking tape~ and then just step back and see what you need to move, or take off, in order to lay your copper tape strips. I wouldnt think you need to take apart the house itself, mabey just remove some wallpaper/ flooring ect

Have FUN!

Rachael