the pierce project

beaver193

i inherited the task of completing a doll house that a friend started for my daughter before he passed away. i have had this in my possession for sevaral years and i am finally getting to attempting to complete it. as i am going thru the shopping bag alledgedly containing the remaining parts, i have only found 4 pages of instructions and illustrations. it is obvious that there is more printed instructions and illustrations.

can any one help with eithera copy of them or info as to where to obtain them. having a full set of instructions and illustrations would make getting started a lot simpler. so if anyone can help please let me know

i guess it would be helpful to state the type of doll house i am refering to

the pierce style model # 8011

i am rehabilitating from some surgery and this will be a good means of passing time and accomplishing something good at the same time.

thank you in advance for any info provided

beaver193

Would I be correct in assuming this is the Greenleaf Pierce? If so we are in the same boat!

I bought my Pierce off Craigslist for $15. It is missing several roof pieces which I need to replicate or order. I'm taking the sheets with the diagrams of what came on each sheet of wood, blowing them up using pieces I have on the same sheet as a scale indicator. The tower roof is completely gone, but I may change it to a more rounded dome (perhaps using paper mache over a skelaton to achieve the shape). All the gingerbread trim is also missing. A local member has some unused trim which she has offered. My neighbor has a scroll saw and I can cut anything on that while I'm housesitting in October (I am going to have so much fun!)

You can see my Pierce transformation in my Pierce gallery.

Can't wait to see how yoour goes!

Message me your email address and I'll forward the instructions another member graciously sent me.

If anyone is in need of the instructions and specs, I would be more than glad to share mine. When I worked on the Pierce instead of working from those fold-up sheets, I made a copy of each sheet of parts (one page per sheet), then made a copy of the instructions and put them in two separate GBC booklets. That way I could easily access them and was able to take the booklets to the office and read over the steps on my lunch break. From experience I remember those fold-up sheets got pretty beat up and raggedy. Putting them in an easy to use booklet is a lot less stressful. :yes:

You can send me a PM if you would like the directions and specs.

Lynne