For all those power tool lovers

SuzyQ

Ok for those power tool lovers (Andrew)

I took a trip to Lowes today (my favorite store) and bought a Super Accessory Kit

for my Dremel at a great deal!! It has everthing a person needs. Andrew you gave me a great idea to get out the Dremel that was sitting in my garage. I am so looking foward to using that baby to smooth out those rough edges on my Garfield.

SuzyQ

Gotta love dat power! Though step carefully with that Dremel young Grasshopper. While those little drum sanders look harmless they are really agressive. The Mega Set I got last year (220 bits) has some really useful looking sanding discs, I just have no idea what the heck I'm supposed to stick them on, and the instructions are of absolutely no help. ;)

really useful looking sanding discs, I just have no idea what the heck I'm supposed to stick them on, and the instructions are of absolutely no help.

(hand waving frantically in the air)

I know that one, I have seen adhesive at Harbor Freight for sticking on full-sized sanding discs. I don't know why a smidgeon of rubber cement/ contact cement (which is removable by mechanical means) wouldn't do.

I found the Dremel instruction sheet less than useless when it came to installing the flexshaft, and even DH, my personal translator, couldn't decipher them! Between the two of us we noodled around & found out on our own how it went. In "Space Cowboys" Clint Eastwood has a wonderful line as he finishes installing a garagedoor opener & his character's wife has asked him if he read the instructions when it won't open. While I'm sure it doesn't apply to Greenleaf kit instruction sheets ( ;) ;) ), any time I forget & try to figure out something in the Dremel booklet I recall the scene of her hollering, "Help, I'm locked in the garage with a dirty old man!"

Dremal sanding disks are not adhesive backed they have a center hole and are mounted like cut off wheels on the mandrel with the screw in it. Sanding drums can be well mannered if you use a slower speed instead of full scream. I usually use drum sanders on the lowest speed with very ight pressure

Ed