Show card

CatColorado

Aw gee guys, you're all so great! This really is my home away from home!

They also leave the impression that you must return back to them in order to make sure you didn't miss some deeper meaning. (That probably doesn't make sense, but I can't find the right words to say what I mean.)

Peggi

I think you make perfect sense and it is an incredibly wonderful and touching compliment, thank you.

I just don't want to see the reaction of strangers to my inner self that's suddenly out in the open and on display. It's a very vulnerable feeling.

Deb

Amen to that! I work in the gallery two days a week and the first day of the show was excruciating. However, I ended up having several wonderfully uplifting and deep conversations with people about my work. Those conversations with people who did not know who I was, gave me more confidence that all of the pep talks my instructors have ever given me. I found that instead of feeling afraid, I was actually drawing strength from having my work on display. Today was even easier and I found that I wasn't even concerned whether people were looking at my pieces or not.

That said, I'm still a big chicken and I am absolutely dreading tomorrow night's reception.

Here's the remaining pieces that I wasn't able to post before. One picture is blurry, sorry 'bout that.

These are the angels:

This is the woodcut:

And these are the weird two:

However, I ended up having several wonderfully uplifting and deep conversations with people about my work. Those conversations with people who did not know who I was, gave me more confidence that all of the pep talks my instructors have ever given me. I found that instead of feeling afraid, I was actually drawing strength from having my work on display. Today was even easier and I found that I wasn't even concerned whether people were looking at my pieces or not.

Yay! Way to go Cat! It sounds like this show has been a wonderful experience for you and just what your confidence needed. You'll do great at the reception too. Have one glass of wine and two brownies and you'll relax and enjoy yourself. (chocolate is a wonderful relaxant) Then come back and tell us all about it. :lol:

Deb