!!!!!!! my Glencroft has arrived !!!!!!!

dollshousegirl

yippee !! wooohooo !! :) yeeaaahhh

got home from work to find a wonderful large package awaiting me, my Glencroft has arrived from the US, after 7 weeks of waiting, just opened the packet and boy does there look a lot of wood eekk !!

oohh I am too excited, got to start building NOW, but have to feed the kids !! do some ironing, etc etc, eat !! well I can miss that bit out

I have so many plans and while i am buliding this I can plan what I am going to do with the Laurel I won, I feel a bit of kit bashing coming on, and maybe a spiral staircase (hhhmmm !! so many ideas)

now to check out the garfield blogs and see where to start

I'll keep taking photos and let you all see and I will be on here asking things too

Sal

OO I am so jealous! I have had my eyes on a Glencroft since I started building my Garfield a few weeks ago! Currently I am bidding on a Arthur on ebay that I hope to get! Oo this wonderful world of minis is sooo addicting! I cant help myself! Good luck with building please share pictures soon! I cant wait to see!

-Jenny :)

Congratulations, Sal!! :D Don't you just love the postman?!! :)

I had my eye on a Glencroft too, but the Willowcrest and now the Pierce have taken over!! My hubby asked me the other night, "that's all right?!!" Like, he should know better than that!!! I decided once those houses are built, I'm going to make a street along with the Beacon Hill and have gardens in between, et cetera. Oh, I wish there were more hours in the day and that I didn't require eating, bathroom trips or sleeping!! :)

more hours in the day and that I didn't require eating, bathroom trips or sleeping!

When we retired I was looking forward to more mini time, but there are fewer hours in the day and many more bathroom trips than when we were younger :):)

yippee !! wooohooo !!  :)  yeeaaahhh

I'll keep taking photos and let you all see and I will be on here asking things too

Sal

Yay!!! <doing the happy-new-house dance> That's a house with a lot of character. I can't wait to see how it progresses!

Deb

just a little update on my progress, I have got all the outside and the middle wall up, not including the chimney wall, i am working on the kitchen first, want to get the walls done while I can get in to the rooms easily, so i have added then kitchen bay window on, I stained the window and window frames last night, I tried a wood stain i had bought for my full size dresser but it was the wrong colour (jacobean oak) well it looks lovely on the frames i am going to stucco (think thats the right word) the inside kitchen walls and paint them white, so it will look like rough plaster.

I have my aga ready to go in,and have to admit to a bit of kit bashing already, I wanted the aga to go in the corner, but not flat against the wall, so I have added at the front a bread oven chimney (apparantly a lot of early english cottages had a bread oven or a chimney at the front of the house) so that will work with the aga needing to be at a chimney point.

things have to work or look like they work for me in my houses, I bought a belfast sink set in worktop, the doors and drawers all open. the thing is the cabinet part is blue, my aga is green and my dresser is as yet unpainted, do I repaint the aga blue or repaint the cabinets green and do my dresser to match huummm !!!

i have a perfect vision in my head of what i want the house to look like, just hope it plays out ok in solid real form !!! :lol:

Sal

I have my aga ready to go in,and have to admit to a bit of kit bashing already, I wanted the aga to go in the corner, but not flat against the wall, so I have added at the front a bread oven chimney (apparantly a lot of early english cottages had a bread oven or a chimney at the front of the house) so that will work with the aga needing to be at a chimney point.

Sal

Oooooooooh, now that sounds totally fabulous! <peering thru the monitor to look over your shoulder> Pictures? We need pictures! I really, really, really wanna see how this is coming out. You have picqued my interest! The house has character, but you're breathing life into it.

Deb

I will put some pictures up later, probaly in my gallery but I will let you girlys and guys know. I the meantime while browsing I came across some wonderful (real size) fireplaces I will go and add those to my gallery now, if i didn't have my aga i would be making a nice big brick fireplace LOL

sal

this is the corner I cut out so I could place the Aga at a chimney point, I 'bricked' the corner to look like it has been knocked out for the aga to be placed there. I used a sheet of brick wall paper and sponged over it with brown and balck to age them and I sealed the 'bricks' with matt mod podge once they were on the wall

post-315-1137235385_thumb.jpg

Congratulations, Sal!!  :D  Don't you just love the postman?!!  :lol:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I love my postman, Purolator delivery man, Canada Post parcel delivery man, FedEx Deliveryman .... I thought I just had developed a thing for men in uniforms. Before minis....it was my cats' vet!!

Susanne

I have put in the side window for the kitchen now and also bashed it a little bit more, I have added what will look like a lean to from outside, and made it into a pantry (larder) from inside, shelves are up and it has a little stone floor, am going to do the door and the other window, before I move on.

I really want to hinge the door, any ideas on which way it should open

Sal