crown moulding and trim question

Dutchmen204

I would like to put crown moulding throughout my house, I haven't been able to find where to buy it. Also any tips on how I could build my own if possible. By the way I'm building the Garfield and if you haven't guessed I'm new to all this. Thanks in advance.

I would like to put crown moulding throughout my house, I haven't been able to find where to buy it.  Also any tips on how I could build my own if possible.  By the way I'm building the Garfield and if you haven't guessed I'm new to all this.  Thanks in advance.

Hi Dutchmen204! Welcome to the wonderful world of minis! Crown moulding is the perfect touch for any house. It adds that finished look to every room. You can find a nice assortment of crown moulding in various shapes and sizes at http://www.miniatures.com I make my own baseboards out of thin strips of balsa cut in a miter box and have used the same for very plain crown moulding, but have never tried to make anything fancy or carved. For elegant room finishes, I ordered the fancy stuff from minatures.com.

Deb

Hobby Lobby also carries molded wood strips great for crown moldings.

Another solution would be to get a set of router bits for your rotary tool and mount it in a mini router table & make your own, if that sort of thing is your pleasure.

I no longer can find the link, but there's an internet source of architectural features in resin that'll knock your socks off (which would work for a big house like the Garfield)! ;)