Newbie - Glencroft

Blesdmomx4

Shakyshaky,

I missed your post earlier about your children. Aahhhh, I miss those younger years, but it's always easier to look back I think. B) People were always telling me to enjoy it, it doesn't last long, they grow too quickly. I knew they were right, but it was hard to really get into the sentiment, with a couple in diapers, sleepless nights, endless laundry (well, that only gets worse lol) but they really are the best years. :(

Mine are 13, 12, 8 & 7.... I've attached their school pictures from this year. Boys are my 'bookends', girls in the middle. They're all in school now, so that's probably why I spend my days there. :D Miss them little sometimes ... that's when I tell hubby I want another one, and he laughs and tells me to go hug my puppies. ;)

Danielle

post-530-1136171346_thumb.jpg

post-530-1136171388_thumb.jpg

post-530-1136171399_thumb.jpg

post-530-1136171424_thumb.jpg

Nutti,

Thank you for the welcome B) I love your nickname :D What a creative idea with the sand! It's kind of funny how my out look on life has changed since I've got bitten by the mini-bug. I'm beginning to SAVE everything, and trying to come up with ways on how to use them. For example, we just went through the girls clothes, to get rid of worn out, too small items. I actually told hubby to put them with my sewing materials, because I could make curtains or something out of them. lol ;) He's always been the packrat, while I was on the other extreme. I think he's rather enjoying this new found kindredship. (is that even a word?) ha

I'm going to take a look at her glencrofts here, just as soon as I'm done replying to the posts.

Again, thank you for the advice, and warm welcome

Danielle

Susanne,

I like the staircase too. What a GREAT idea, with the recycling center. They do recyle here, but I don't know about the paints. I'm going to have to check that out. Hubby is sitting here shaking his head in agreeance. ;) The more I can keep this in budget, the happier he looks. lol

Well, hubby has been in the US Navy for, almost 17 years, and we were stationed in Va Bch, VA for seven of those years. That's where we bought our home, and we loved it! We discussed him getting out at one point, but decided to go for the long haul and do retirement at 20. We got orders to Cornwall, England! Sold the house, packed the kids up, and went to England, only to be told after 2 months that we had to report to Great Lakes, IL for duty. Oh we were heartbroken, because England was AMAZING!! We all loved it. Cornwall area is the south western most part of the country, and it has it's own weather pattern. Not like London, and it was very country. The land was almost magical to me, with the feeling like I was smack in the middle of a postcard wherever we went. lol And it felt so very safe, the people weren't materialistic, there wasn't this 'hurry, rush, rush' atmosphere. We even talked about getting dual-citizenship, we loved it so much. Ah, well, we'll get back there someday. At least that's the plan. :D

So, we've been here for just over two years, and we're up for orders this year. We will either move back to Florida or Virginia and settle, so the children can go to high-school without moving. That's when we will buy another home again. It would just be nice to know where we will be, so I can plan. ha, What am I saying? There's no planning military life! B)

Oh, and about Saskatoon, Saskatchewan .... my original dogs came from a breeder there. I'm still working with her, and we're expecting a new arrival next week. :( I'll attach a photo of him. His name is LosCompaneros Carmel Cappuccino call name "Cheeno". I'm going to eventually breed him to my Tirami's Creme Della Creme call name "Della". :) I know I am really off topic here, BUT, they are in the toy group? So, guess you can call them mini's lol

Danielle

post-530-1136173003_thumb.jpg

Oh my gosh, this site is HUGE! I've been exploring, and I think I've gotten lost? lol There is sooooooo much on here! You guys, I don't even know where to start? What I am seeing is AMAZING! Very inspirational ... I've been posting to this 'thread', but I see there is much more happenings elsewhere. Going to try to exploe and hopefully get the nack of this. There's so much!

Ok, where do I find the examples of the glencroft? Someone mentioned a gallery, will look see if I can find it..

Danielle

Danielle, Under "community projects" there are building blogs by kit, if you click on the "Glencroft Blog" it will take you to the blogs & pictures of the Glencrofts we built this past summer.

My avatar is my Glencroft, the spackling compound dries very light. Also on the exterior only the upstairs infill is spackled, downstairs is sandpaper "bricks".

Your puppies are adorable little dogs, we have neighbors who have tiny miniature Schnauzers who take very vocal exception to our riding our tandem bike past their house when they're out.

Miss them little sometimes ... that's when I tell hubby I want another one, and he laughs and tells me to go hug my puppies. ;)

Danielle

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

LOL! I went through that phase about a year ago, and then the youngest one started into his 16th year and began his normal boyhood getting into trouble, not paying attention, not wanting to listen to his parents, etc., and I got over wanting another one REAL QUICK! Mine are 21, 21 and 17.

Welcome to the forum Danielle! The Glencroft is a beautiful house! It's funny, I've never been a fan of tudor style houses, but I really enjoyed doing that one!

Your puppies are adorable little dogs, we have neighbors who have tiny miniature Schnauzers who take very vocal exception to our riding our tandem bike past their house when they're out.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thank you! (I'll check the bloggs in a moment) That's the nice thing about Havanese though, they're not hyper, yappy toy dogs. You see, years ago, I wanted a little lap dog, but hubby said he wouldn't agree to yet some 'yip yip' dog, who ankle bites! So I said, "Ok say if I find one that isn't hyper?" and then he said, he didn't want hair all over the house! So then I said, "Ok, and non-shedding?" and then he said, he was worried about our older rescued yellow lab Brandy, and our youngest child Josh, who was only going on 2 years old! So I said, "Ok ok, and good with other animals, young children & sturdy! So then can I get one?" LOL Here was the beginning of the end, "Yes honey, you find a non-shedding, not hyper, not yappy, sturdy toy dog who is good with children and other animals, you may have it." We didn't even know this breed exsisted (I'm sure if hubby did he would have never agreed lol) but I put all those requirements into a dog breed match site, and up popped the HAVANESE. At this time there were less than 2,000 in the states! So, you an imagine the cost ... hubby about had a heatattck when he heard I wanted one, and it was going to be $1500.

It took me 6 months to save, and find a breeder with a puppy (ended up having to go to Canada to find a breeder!) but we ended up with our first one, and she was everything I ever wanted and more. So of course, I wanted another one, and hubby put his foot down, until I convinced him that if I got a male, down the road I could breed, and it would recoop the initial cost. Been hooked since then, and dont' let him fool you ... hubby loves these guys, but won't admit it:)

Danielle

LOL! I went through that phase about a year ago, and then the youngest one started into his 16th year and began his normal boyhood getting into trouble, not paying attention, not wanting to listen to his parents, etc., and I got over wanting another one REAL QUICK! Mine are 21, 21 and 17.

Welcome to the forum Danielle! The Glencroft is a beautiful house! It's funny, I've never been a fan of tudor style houses, but I really enjoyed doing that one!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

LOL Now you get the fun part of waiting for a grandchild someday! So you have twins? FUN!! :) Well, when we found out about baby #4, our baby #3 was only 4 months old! So, hubby immediately set up an appointment with the doctor for a vasectomy. Was completed before Josh was even born. lol He wasn't going to take any chances.

I can bug him all I want about another one ... unless we adopt, it's not happening. :D It's ok, our four keep us going, and somedays I don't know if I'm coming or going. but I do miss those little little years. :D

This is my first house, and I'm really enjoying it! :huh: I got a great deal on the kit through Overstock.com $69.99! I'm going to get another one through them when I'm done with this one:) I love this..

Oh, and here's a photo of me sanding. I didn't have any dust masks, so I improvised and made my own, and YES that's my big 'ole fro! lol Hubby was laughing watching me work, and told me he had to take a shot, saying I looked like a 'madprofessor' :D

Danielle

post-530-1136328117_thumb.jpg

LOL Now you get the fun part of waiting for a grandchild someday! 

Oh, and here's a photo of me sanding. I didn't have any dust masks, so I improvised and made my own, and YES that's my big 'ole fro! lol Hubby was laughing watching me work, and told me he had to take a shot, saying I looked like a 'madprofessor' :)

Danielle

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ah yes. Grandchildren. Looking forward to revenge, I mean grandchildren. Hmmm.

No, we don't have twins. Jimmy and I both had children by a prior marriage, and the 21 year olds are about 5 months apart in ages (Stefanie is the older). Jimmy adopted my daughter, one of the 21 year olds, in December 2004 though, so she's ours together now.

Oh my! You've got power tools in your hands! Yippee for you! I'm terrified of power tools. Actually, I'm terrified of any tool other than a razor blade, and oh yes, my very own small hammer. All other tools, including screw drivers, tend to bite me.