Thrift shop find

hydroped

No David, I just recently purchased it and it's on its way along with the Brimbles Store. At this time, I have no idea what I will do with it but since the first time I had seen Linda's van Buren I have wanted one.

It seems you have your work cut out for you. I recently saw a show on renovations of a real southern home where they kept pieces of the different wallpapers they had stripped off the walls and made a sort of collage with them and framed it as a picture. It was just beautiful.

I hope we get to see your progress. This is one project you just have to finish, David!!

Good luck with it.

Wendy

You have a Brimble's?  How cool is that?  That's another I thought would be a fun build & do up as an oldfashioned fabric shop or habidashery.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

What a coincident, I saw this acution for a Brimble on Ebay earlier today with auction number: 5650776488

Can't do the tiny URL thing today, don't know why but here is the link to the seller's auctions

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZedstuffQQhtZ-1

I haven't heard/dealt with this seller, just saw it up for auction and figured it would be a neat shop/store to make.

Hugs

I recently saw a show on renovations of a real southern home where they kept pieces of the different wallpapers they had stripped off the walls and made a sort of collage with them and framed it as a picture. It was just beautiful. 

Wendy

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Wendy,

Wow! What a great idea. I got quite a few picture frames with the house ,mostly very thin plastic ones- but they'd be great for a project like that! What an awesome way to remember the renovation and the colors used by the previous owners. I love it! :(

It might be a while before I get really into working hard on this myself - right now I can hardly keep my hands off of it but I had promised myself that my Sweetheart would be the next one I got started on (and I started working on it the night before I bought the Van Buren) and I also promised myself I'd get my Lafeyette (my very first house) finnished by February! Oy I have a lot to do on it yet :D

I just followed the link to look at the Brimbles on ebay - Wow! That is one cool building!! Looks like you're going to have some awesome houses! Looking forward to seeing them come together for you :D

-David

Oh, Dean,  Could you also bring Brimble's back some day?  Pretty please?  B)  ;)

I'd never seen one before I clicked on that link. Wow! The place I'd really like to see one is on my building table! :D So, I'm going to join Holly and say, "Oh, please, please, please!" It's just so cool and so unique! I look at it and have a flashback to the sound of a tinkling bell hanging over a wooden screen door.

Deb

I keep uncovering layers of different styles of work on it.  Neat wallpaper and messy walpaper, kit doors with upgraded windows, some electric wire over painted cielings and some under the paint.. Some shingles staggered and some put on in vertical rows,  Some trim glued on and some trim put on with mini hold wax. Its sort of amazing - makes me wish I could hear the history of the house.

-David

It's fascinating that you can see so many different styles in the work on it. You really did make a fabulous find in that house David.

Deb