Garfield vs. Beacon Hill, quality and ease of construction

Leona

Hello! I am going to purchase a large multi-room dollhouse. Most likely two adults will assemble the shell, but several people will decorate or each have a room. I would like to hear your comments about the Garfield vs. Beacon Hill in terms of the quality and ease of construction of both. I have special considerations to keep in mind when shopping, such as remote location, so any parts or replacements would be sent to me and brought to the location once a month. I know that "things happen", so if you find yourself having to constantly replace parts, I would like to know as well!

All I can afford for this community project is the dollhouse, so I want to make sure that I invest my money wisely! I will be loaning some tools and glue, but if something specific would be preferable for either dollhouse, could you please let me know? I have built some of the Corona dollhouses, so I can share what I have learned from those experiences with the builders of the dollhouse. The builders have real construction experience, and are looking forward to participating in this community work of art.

With warmest regards,

Leona Whitefinger-Buscad

Hello!

I am currently constructing the Garfield, which I have to say is not a particularly simple task. My kit came complete with everything in good shape so I did not have to get any replacements parts per se. The issue with the Garfield is that is has some enclosed spaces that it would be really difficult to decorate after the shell has been constructed (ie the entry/landings and tower rooms, which are pretty good sized). Otherwise it would be a really fun house for what you're doing due to the number of rooms and the large size of the rooms.

Good Luck!

While both houses are large and lovely, I would think the Beacon Hill would be better for your project. The rooms are easier to get to once it's built and the layout could mean more than one could work on a room at the same time. I haven't seen where one is any better than the other in terms of building.

The Beacon Hill takes longer to build but as far as difficulty, except maybe the Beacon Hill roof, they are about the same. Look at all the photo's of each in the gallery section and think about how you want to decorate. I would choose the house appeals to you more.