Hello from New Jersey

Lindy-Lou

Welcome to the family! :)

One thing that I haven't seen mentioned yet in any posts - please don't use hot glue to build your house. Or rather, only use it sparingly, to tack things in place, while the other glue (wood glue, tacky glue, etc.) dries. Or don't use it at all, and "tack" things in place with masking tape clamps. The main reason for not using the hot glue is because it's possible that with time, and certain climate conditions, hot glue will lose it's holding power. It doesn't always happen, but hot-glued dollhouses have been known to come apart at the seams, so to speak. Better safe than sorry, I say!

If you take some time to read through the blogs and galleries here you will find all sorts of information, opinions and tips to help you with your build. I have learnt so much since joining Greenleaf.

Welcome to the family! :)

One thing that I haven't seen mentioned yet in any posts - please don't use hot glue to build your house. Or rather, only use it sparingly, to tack things in place, while the other glue (wood glue, tacky glue, etc.) dries. Or don't use it at all, and "tack" things in place with masking tape clamps. The main reason for not using the hot glue is because it's possible that with time, and certain climate conditions, hot glue will lose it's holding power. It doesn't always happen, but hot-glued dollhouses have been known to come apart at the seams, so to speak. Better safe than sorry, I say!

If you take some time to read through the blogs and galleries here you will find all sorts of information, opinions and tips to help you with your build. I have learnt so much since joining Greenleaf.

Thanks for the advice---no hot glue for me!

Happy New Year,

Linda

Hello and welcome. I found that if I write the part no on masking tape and tape it to the part, I don't accidently sand the info away. Takes more time, but saves me time in the long run, after sanding attach tape back on and the part is still labelled. I also found this gives me a chance to become familiar with all the sheets.

You will find there is no one "right" way to do things.

BTW, this is still the only forum I post regularly.