Just call me Medusa!

Deb

I turned wood to stone! Woooooooohoooooooooo! What a rush!

Okay, maybe I should start that paragraph in the beginning instead of the middle. :lol: I'm all excited about learning something new.

I just finished putting the magic masonry on the exterior of the librarian's cottage! That was soooooooooooooooo much fun! At first I was really scared of messing it up and then I swear I heard voices from here telling me, "If you do, you can always scrape it off and put up siding". And then I think I heard Tracy telling me to just relax and have fun with it. So, I pictured Tracy's masonry houses and relaxed and boy, did I have fun! It was so easy and came out soooooooo cool!

I wanna turn something else to stone now! <looking around> Oooh. How 'bout a sphinx? C'mere Napoleon.........here kitty, kitty, kitty......... >'.'<

Deb

It sounds like it is comming together. Isn't it nice to know you have help and good friends!

I wanna turn something else to stone now! <looking around> Oooh. How 'bout a sphinx? C'mere Napoleon.........here kitty, kitty, kitty......... >'.'<

That is one wat to keep the cat under control....

( where's the pics? :lol: )

Deb that is GREAT!!!! I am so happy you tried this. I LOVE this stuff and the results are great. When it dries, you can add different "Color Washes" to add more depth and detail in the stone too.

I can't wait to see the pictures!

OK, where does one find this magic masonry ??? It sure sounds liek soemthing I want to play with!!!!

Goog going Deb, looking forward seeing pics of your progress, what happened with the sphinx-ing :lol: :lol:

Hugs

Woo Hoo, Deb! How come I wasn't invited to the party?!! :lol: I thought you really, really liked me!! :lol: :D

I'm so glad it turned out for you and more importantly you had a good time doing it!! Run, kitty, run!!

I've been meaning to ask you how hubby is doing? Hope he's recovering quickly!

Pictures shall follow later on today. :D After I got the masonry on last night, I considered the porch and decided that the one in the haunted house kit just wasn't going to work for a cute cottage. So, I hauled out some staircase spindles and rails and made my own which is really just adorable and delicate and just what the librarian wanted. But by the time I had that done, it was 7:30 and the sun was up and I figured I should go to bed. But I'll get some pictures later on today. The shingles and interior window frames are the only things left and the building part is done! I'll probably get those on today.

Carol, Napoleon is snuggled up next to Bruce and feeling secure there for the moment, but he sends Chan his thanks for offering a refuge if he needs it. (I'd call it false security since Bruce is the one who has considered putting velcro on Napoleon's feet to see if he can walk on the ceiling)

Shakyshaky, it's the very best thing to know I've got help and friends here! I'd never be attempting all this and having this much fun without ya'll!!!

Anna, I can't really offer a recommendation about where to get the magic masonry. The place where I ordered it was less than satisfactory and since I won't be doing business with them again, I couldn't recommend them to anyone else. Perhaps someone here can recommend a dealer with whom they've had a positive experience.

Tracy, I really can't thank you enough for your inspiration and encouagement. I'm so pleased with the results, and if it came out that good the first time, it will only get better with practice! I added the blue paint to the masonry mix before I applied it, and textured it during the application so my stones have the subtle green tones within the slate blue. I'm not sure if I'm going to do the color wash now or not. I had planned on it, but now that it's finished, I've got to sit back and study it in the light of day and decide if a color wash would enhance it, or if I should just leave well enough alone.

Teresa, you know I really, really like you, but you were sleeping when I was partying! :lol: :lol: :D If your 'puter started hollering at you to get out of bed and come celebrate a stoning........well, that would just be too weird. Thanks for asking about Bruce. He's doing lots, lots better except for being a little tired. We see the cardiologist tomorrow and we'll find out then what our next course of action is with the second blockage. <crossing fingers and hoping for the best>

Deb

When it dries, you can add different "Color Washes" to add more depth and detail in the stone too.

I just took that "light of day" look at it. Yep, it needs the color wash for just a bit more depth. I'm chanting "light and slow" to myself so I don't over do it.

Deb

Ooh, I must get me some of this stuff! This gives me ideas: maybe I can make a stone well by applying the magic masonry on a soup can? Maybe in conjuction with paper clay to give it some depth. I can't wait to finally work on my house after finals are done. So many good ideas here.

I found some Magic Masonry on eBay: http://cgi.ebay.com/Magic-Masonry-by-Magic...1QQcmdZViewItem

Edit: this is very odd...the link works during 'preview' but not when I post it. Hmm. Anyway, I found some in the eBay stores easily by typing in "magic masonry." Sorry for the faulty link.