Storybook cottage

ilovecats

I just finished punching out the pieces and sanding! I'm taking a short break then i'll glue it all together!

I can't decide, it will either be a wedding shop, bakery, bar (saw a really nice one in a back issue of one of the magazines), or another tea shop. I guess as soon as it all goes together i'll decide. After i make that decision, i'll choose what kind of an exterior to do :p

Sooo looking forwar to following your progress with this one as that is alos a house I have a special place for in my heart, and I am hoping to get one of these days... I am thinking of a sweet shop in there.... Lots and lots of choccies and yummies...

Hugs

The sweet shop is mt FIL's idea as he has the biggest sweet tooth I have ever known :clap: and he is still thin as a stick.... :p I think it would be sooo much fun to make all the goodies to go in the shop, and I have plenty of vial bottles to fill up with the candy treat as well...

One of these days, right?!?

Hugs

There just isn't enough time for all the fun ideas we have is there?! :p

Nope, not in a million years I think... But then again I love the flood of ideas that always tumbles around in one's head when dreaming up a new "must" project LOL. ()As I am with my imaginary Emerson Row for now, I am thinking of a Carl Larsson, a Swedish painter, kind of theme on that one...)

Hugs

I'm working on my Storybook. I'm hoping to get it finished soon. The shell is together, primed, first coat of red done. Next I have to wallpaper. My templates are done, but I have to glue the scrapbook paper down.

I've been waffling over the floors. I didn't feel like laying wood and I really didn' t want to do tile or use my carpetting stock (i.e. leftover material). Then today I gritted my teeth and went to Walmart for other stuff and stopped in the clearance fabric section and BINGO, there was a fine dark green corduroy that would be perfect for carpetting and only $1.00 a yard. So I bought a yard and that solves my flooring problem. But now I don't know what color to do my interior trim. The wallpaper is a green plaid with only shades of green in it and then the green carpet. White trim will look stark and out of place. Should I go with the green in the carpet? Or maybe a tan?

I got the house put together! I just need to glue on the back roof panel, but i want to wallpaper upstairs before i do that,it will make it easier.

Still tossing around ideas for the cottage. I'm thinking i'll save my wedding dress shop for another cottage, one slightly larger...i want lots of stuff it it :clap:

So still undecided but leaning toward a bakery or sweet shop (thanks Anna) :p

No pictures. I'm in the stone age. My old digital camera isn't compatible with my newer computer and I never got a new one. I have a ton of my mother's photography equipment and no digital camera. Maybe Santa will bring one, but probably not.

I'll have to stare at the house for awhile. Normally I'd paint baseboards white or stain them. But I just don't know. The upstairs loft I have no problems with, but the downstairs wallpaper is giving me trouble coordinating stuff with. It may end up changing.

Oh a crhristmass house, a christmass house pleaseeeeeeeeeeeee

THat is a great idea! now i'm thinking this is smaller than a bakery that i'm planning on doing, so this is another great idea! Thanks!

I was trying to decide between paperclay or egg carton stonework.....since i packed my egg cartons and the stone i've already cut somewhere in one of the boxes in the basement.....i'll go with paper clay. I dont' want to have to move all the boxes and dig thru them to find out where i put the other stuff.

I don't have enough paperclay at the moment tho, so that house will sit for a little while. :lol: