Looking for ideas...

rbytsdy

Hi folks, I am toodling along with the Pierce exterior, and decided not to use the gingerbread trim that is supposed to go atop the roof apices. Instead I put painted dowel:

As you can see, my roof pieces are not aligned to each other very well, and in the first picture, the dowel is not even sitting straight. In the second picture, the roof pieces meet each other in the middle of the roof line, but diverge again toward the ends, so that the dowel is seated toward the ends, but perches in the middle...

I've been ruminating over how to cover up this misalignment, and thought you guys might have some ideas... Thanks!

If you want to leave the rounded trim removing the front trim and recut the top at an angle so they stop right at the peek, covering the front of the dowel, will make the roof look more even. You might have to cut down the dowel a bit.

Another option, can you shim up the lower side of the roof then add a "V" trim to cover the shim?

If you want to leave the rounded trim removing the front trim and recut the top at an angle so they stop right at the peek, covering the front of the dowel, will make the roof look more even. You might have to cut down the dowel a bit.

Hmmmm... This is what hubby says I should do. Sorta defeats my original vision with the dowel, but I think I already defeated myself there...!