No Dollhouses in MD???

I just moved to Baltimore, the largest city in Maryland, and there are no hobbie stores in a 10+ mile radius that sells anything remotely related to dollhouses. I've called every hobby store within the Baltimore beltway and NONE of them have any idea of where to even look. If anyone has any information on where I can go to find dollhouse supplies, please let me know! Thanks!!!

Well, if I were you, I would just pack up and move somewhere where there ARE mini stores! I should talk. The closest one is in Missoula 65 miles awway - and all they have are RC planes and cars and trains....they are not stocking mini things anymore.

WAH!

Wolfie

I live in MD, on the eastern shore. Harborplace used to have a mini store, a small one, on the second floor of the non-food building. Might be gone now. I didn't realize that there is an AC Moore in Glen Burnie; I'll have to check that out. They usually carry some stuff, Classics and that type of stuff.

Don't waste your time at Michael's...they don't carry any dollhouse items. Annapolis does have one of two mini shops, but I haven't visited them.

Maryland really is crappy when it comes to dollhouse supply stores, so I wind up getting most of my stuff online. Back in the 1980's there were a bunch of stores, but for some reason they all closed. Guess it's not the "hot" hobby now.

Maybe someone knows some store that I don't know of.

I see on the Maryland Miniatures Groups list that Favorite Things in Hereford, MD is listed. That was a pretty good shop and it's not a huge distance from Baltimore, as I recall. You might check on that.

Heh heh, I'd say welcome to Maryland since I've lived there my whole life, but I moved almost a year ago 7 miles over the border into PA! So now I guess I can only say welcome to the state NEXT to mine! :(

Thanks for all the info. I do shop online and through mail order, but for alot of things, since I'm still sort of new to the hobby, I like to see it in person to get a good idea on its size. But I will definately check out those links. Thanks again, you guys have been a great help!!