My Willow came today That was really fast

The Willow I ordered on the 29th is here already. I sorted out all the parts I use and will start the shell probably tomorrow. I have to measure and cut the stair hole in the third floor, always a little scary. I stained the floors and will put the varnish on later tonight. I didn't punch out the attic windows this time and will seal where you can see the punch out lines. Some of the sheets the outer window frames are on are not so good so will probably make new ones. The window sashes are OK. I hope this comes out even nicer than the one I sold. It's so much easier the second or third time. This is my third Willow. The first I didn't like at all and didn't mind selling it. Now if I could just get some new ideas for wallpaper. :flowers:

Are you going to use Colonia wallpaper?

Where do you get it? I was just looking at my Early American Life magazines and a lot of the rooms are painted white or ivory with dark chair rail. Some have crown moulding which I am just awful at. Some of these houses are really old looking but have contempory kitchens made to look old. I have the shell together and painted it the colonial grey/green. The windows frames will either be the same color or a shade lighter. A lot of colonial houses didn 't have white or contrasting window frames. The chimneys will be dark brick red. I hope I can make it look really Colonial with settle benches, wing chairs, trunks, etc. I've never tried it before.

• 2 months later...

Happy New Year Just One More! I was just wondering how your Willow was coming along? Any pics? The Willow is my first...I'm enjoying it immensely..the rooms are big! I am just about to put shingles on now...done SOME wallpapering, painting...

I finished it about a month ago. I had to put in replacement windows and they stick inside the house too far but it's only noticeable on the side windows. Curtains should fix the problem but I haven't made them yet. I did the outside and window frames Colonial grey/green with black shutters and black shingles and a maple wood door. The stairs came out nice. I have just a few pieces of furniture in it so far and it will be late 1800's decor. I put old newsprint wallpaper and wood beams in the right side of the attic and closed off the windows next to the chimneys. I also added brick-look paper to interior chimneys I made from foam core. Haven't decided what to put in the left side attic room. I'm not very good at putting pics in my gallery but will try and get some in soon. The rooms in this house have plenty of room for furniture, especially the kitchen. Hope you are having fun with your Willow. :birthday:

I got a willow recently too - it looks like it won't be strenuous to build - but needs a lot of forethought.

I found some colonial paper I liked at HBS - one with little manors on it, and it looked sorta old and weathered. I have also thought about just using paint and wainscotting touches - to make it more georgian.

BTw, I like the Amityville attic windows!! lol!