Jump to content



  • Like 1

From the album:

Cheryl's Garfield House Construction

· 253 images
  • 253 images
  • 1 comment
  • 213 image comments

Recommended Comments

There are actually "shrink tubes" you can purchase. They slide onto your wires, twist the copper wires together, slide the tubes down over the splice and then use a hair dryer or heat gun to make it constrict and set the splice. I used it in the Gloucester.

Link to comment

Wow :o Kabrina thanks!! I will have to go get some. I have a few broken lights I picked up at a yard sale............cool! Again Thank you!!

oh ps I guess that insulates the wire right ? so you d on't get shocked?

Link to comment

Right .. the shrink tube is a substitue for the electrical tape. You just have to be sure that the tubing covers the entire section of raw wires.

Link to comment

I just bought some of the liquid electrical tape but haven't tried it yet. I'll give it a whirl in the next couple of days and let you know how it works. The shrink tubes are great, but they are expensive if you have a lot of wiring to do.

Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Add a comment...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...