Jump to content
Final Dry Fit
 

Final Dry Fit



After several days of doing Winnie the Pooh's "Think, think, think," I finally came up with a layout that I am happy with. I decided to forgo the main gable section of the Orchid and add a gable to the Primrose. to add the gable to the Primrose, I simply used the gable pieces from the Orchid as a template and cut new pieces. After that I found the center of the roof and cut that hole. Thankfully my Dremel lived long enough to get that done (may it rest in peace :'( )

  • Like 3

From the album:

SewMini's Casa del Paó d'Or

  • 90 images
  • 0 comments
  • 246 image comments

Photo Information for Final Dry Fit

Taken with Apple iPhone 6 Plus

  • 4.2 mm
  • 1/60
  • f f/2.2
  • ISO 32
View all photo EXIF information

Recommended Comments

I'm not sure why but every now and then when I was cutting the MDF it would get caught. It would saw through fine for 6 inches and then it just wouldn't go through it again so I'd have to skip that spot and go back and do shallow cuts until I got through. I think the age of the dremel (it's probably about 15 years old) combined with getting caught eventually burned out the motor. 

Link to comment
1 hour ago, SewMini said:

I'm not sure why but every now and then when I was cutting the MDF it would get caught. It would saw through fine for 6 inches and then it just wouldn't go through it again so I'd have to skip that spot and go back and do shallow cuts until I got through. I think the age of the dremel (it's probably about 15 years old) combined with getting caught eventually burned out the motor. 

:( I never had to cut large portions of mdf, dunno what could be causing that. Sometimes when cutting thicker plywood my tool also gets caught like that a bit, I turn it off imediately and let it cool down, if it's been working for a while the heat might make it worse. Shallow cuts in small bursts is probably the best in some situations, the age surelly didn't help. 

Link to comment

Thank so much for this Mike! I was unfortunately limited in my choices at Home Depot and went with this. After I saw your comment I did a bit of googling and saw all the dismal reviews of this material :(. I will definitely be sealing it before moving forward because I don't have many other options since I'm working with a beginner kit. I think as long as I seal it, it will stay stable enough to keep it. It's sturdy compared to the plywood but, as you rightfully pointed out, needs help for the long term.

Edited by SewMini
Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Add a comment...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...