RGT Alison from seven or so years ago

Just One More

RGT used to make a house called the Alison, not the junior, just Alison. There is a picture of the balcony of it in Ernies catalog on the page showing the shingles. I had this house about seven years ago. It was quite large and had an unusual floor plan with the stairs on the right side of the wall going to the second floor and on the left side going to the third floor. There was a third floor balcony with French doors which is in the picture, and the room was so hard to get into to decorate I wasn't sure I could finish it. I got the shell all put together and the owner of a dollhouse shop I used to go to wanted one and traded me a RGT Montpelier for it. I've never seen another one since except for the picture in HBS. It was 3/8 inch smooth plywood and was fairly heavy. I wonder what happens to some of these houses. The Alison Jr., is nothing like it. Just wondered if anyone had seen it. :p

I remember the Alison from old HBS catalogs & wonderng what the insides looked like. I understand the costs of doing business often lead to the extinction of many lovely kits (like the Beaumont, the Willowcrest, the Victoriana...) but then there's that overwhelming desire to build one.

• 4 months later...

YES!! Not only do I remember this particular Alison, it has haunted me to this day...

About seven year ago I got into miniatures and wanted to buy a kit and build a house... I went to the local dollhouse store and looked at all the models that they had prebuilt and on display and the one I wanted was the "old" Alison. In particular, I fell in love with those french doors on the top/roof level.

Unfortunately, the shop said that the only one they had was their model - and that the Alison was no longer available. I went online, I called a dozen or more stores, I scoured the internet. I could not find an Alison kit for sale. I called the original dollhouse store back and asked if I could buy the one that was pre-built and on display and was told NO. The house remained on display for about another six months, then "disappeared".

Every once in awhile I still do a web search looking for that original Alison kit. Strangely enough, I have looked and looked and looked and seven years later still have NOT bought any RGT kit, because none compare to my Alison... woe is I!

Laura

• 3 months later...