Charmingland by Hofco

Just One More

I spent today putting together my ebay house by Hofco. It Isn't very big with only four rooms and an attic, but the rooms hold as much furniture as a bigger house. I thought I'd better put it together before any of the pieces were lost since I opened the box to check it all out when it came a month or so ago. It has scored outside walls instead of siding and came with all the trim, even the back edges. It's all plywood except the foundation which is MDF. The porch roof is about the easiest I have ever done. It has a Victorian oval door that's different than the ones I have seen on RGT houses. I can't wait to get it finished so I can put it in the gallery. The gingerbread pieces are 1/4 inch thick and don't need sanding or anything. I remember Hofco when I first got into minis about 1987. I had one with a center stairway much like the Jefferson. I sold it when I moved to Illinois. I'd like to find another one.

There's a Hofco Americana on ebay now for over $900 and it's very large. If it's the same quality as this little farmhouse, that's not a bad price completely finished. Way out of my price range and it's pick-up only in New York. :thumb:

I put the first coat of paint on so tomorrow I'll take some pics. I didn't want to cut a hole in the attic floor so will make a fake disappearing stairway. The attic roof is a little low but could be a sewing room or storage. There's a little dormer window in the attic. I may upgrade the bannister but the solid wood one doesn't look half bad, stained. This is the nicest little house. The walls are in three sections and you put wall support trim between the floors for the next wall piece to fit into, kind of like stacking room boxes. Thank goodness it came with instructions. I've never seen a house put together this way. It's 1/4 inch plywood so nailing was a little tricky but it came with very sharp thin nails and they all went in OK. I'll get some pics in sometime tomorrow. BTW I said before the gingerbread was 1/4" thick. It's not quite but much sturdier than I've seen in awhile. :thumb: