victorian Townhouse

I got the deal of the century or so I thought. It will be as long as I dont pull my hair out in the process of finishing this house. I check craigslist often last week a woman offered a victorian dollhouse for $30.00. Only description she gave was the house was built except few trim peices. It was worth the drive and the wait. When she opened her garage door and I saw the already built and primed RGT victorian townhouse dollhouse. She had the shingles and some of the trim but didnt really know what went to what. I gladly handed her $30.00 for the house and loaded it in my truck.

Since someone else built it I am trying to figure out what they had in mind until my directions come.

For some reason they changed all the rooms around so the first floor rooms are on the second floor and vice versa.

I am not exactly sure how I am going to get one of the rooms wall papered since the walls are up any one know any good minature men that I can hire. :ohyeah:

None of the interior has been done except walls up and I think who ever built it was planning on putting electricity because there are these odd ruts in the floor boards. I am debating prying a couple windows out. Who ever did prime the house just slopped it on and left access everywhere. It would be easier to put new windows then try to sand it all off. Not sure how easy they would pop though.

The house is HUGE bigger than anything I have ever worked on before.

I cant seem to find any pics online. The house has 10 rooms. I would just like to get some kind of idea what all the rooms are suppose to be used for or others have used them for.

Hope everyone has a great weekend

Kim

WElcome to the forum, Kim, and please introduce yourself in our newcomers' area. As you read through all the posts (you could get bored one week, it could happen) I will post this link so you can read my take on rehabbing partly-built houses; or, I don't EVER want to try another!. Bless your heart for wanting to do it, and if you succeed you can have a lovely house.

Not sure how easy they would pop though.
Depends on what they used for glue.

Hi there I think I already went to new commers and posted. I built a orchid well....I started it Its almost finished but now I am taken over by this new house. But I promise I will go back and finish my first house.

I played around with the windows got one to pop fairly easy others dont seem to want to so i went and bought a new sanding disk for my dremel and slowly I am getting most of primer off. Not as bad as I thought but would have been easier if i could have popped windows and put new ones in.

Just wondering do you know of any other doll house message boards or forums? I love this one but cant seem to find alot about the townhouse so was hoping maybe there was others out there.

Thanks

Kim

I found this link on ebay of the house.

Oh you are lucky lucky lucky! You got a great house for a great price! You are going to have so much fun. I am actually grinning for you! LOL

I saw that on Ebay too. Im still grinning about the house. Loving every second I get to spend on it. I have to whole outside painted trim all done shingles and this weekend thanks to the rain and AC MOORE having 50% off coupons I am going to tackle the electrical.

If anyone has this house I would love to know how they have laid out the rooms. I sit here trying to figure out what this one room is going to be on the top of the house and still no clue. I cant find any pics online of any decorated houses.

Thanks for all the warm welcomes

Kim