Beachwood Victoria Cottage

Wolfie

I have received one that had been built, and has been town down and repacked in the box. It's a horror with paint, but I think it can be remade. There are no instructions. It's like a jigsaw puzzle. Has anyone here ever made one? And if so, do you have photos?

Wolfie :wave:

Im almost positive that is a Greenleaf Haunted house before it was a GL HH

post a phot of the box...is the picture a pink house with pink roof?

wouldnt it be nice if it is that simple?

I have built 4 of these.

nutti :wave:

It's a Pink house with a red roof. There is a red door, the shutters are purple. It has white gingerbread on the roof. 4 rooms, There is a staircase that comes down with a railing around the landing on the 2nd floor. It's Item No. 2930101010Victoria Cottage, 18 1/2" high, 18 1/2 inches wide, 12 1/2 inches deep. There is a porch in the front on one side of the house, with a railing. The gingerbread, door trim, and porch trim are all white. The windows are red. Looks like two windowboxes under the 1st floor windows in the front. It's flat to the ground, no base/foundation. There was also furniture that was to have been included in the kit. I see none in the box. Beachwood Ltd. was the manufacturer.

Do you think it was the haunted house? Hmmmmmm no I have to make it up pretty and give it to the girls. Can't think that Wolfie......

I just went to your gallery Nutti, and it IS the haunted house! Wow! So when did Beechwood sell out to Greenleaf? This is a very dirty old house in the kit box. The pieces inside are in sad shape. I don't even know if I can refurbish it. It looks like someone ripped the house apart with bare hands to pack it in this box! I will see what I can do. The inside colors are very garish. It will need a washing first thing, then repainted with KILZ I think. Then perhaps the outside stoned or bricked or something. I think the plastic windows are missing as I don't see them in place or in the bag in the box. It would make a cute Hansel and Gretle type house.

Any ideas people?!

Wolfie

actually I love this little house for girls!

it is good size for bratz dolls and polly pockets

Madame Alexander dolls go well in it also.

I would clean it...prime it and rebuild for the girls.

or let them help you with it.

it really is the sweetest little house.

nutti :roflmao:

The color sream/ scheme would make me want to haunt it!

when did Beechwood sell out to Greenleaf?
I would suspect it's the other way around, but Tracy might know, and Dean surely. Hot water with vinegar will get rid of any vestigial wallpaper. I'd add a little bleach to the water to kill any nasties.

Once it's dry you might stripper if the paint is the cheap, thick stuff; otherwise I'd use an orbital sander to see how much of the paint you can get rid of before hitting with enough Kilz to cover.

the outside stoned or bricked or something...It would make a cute Hansel and Gretle type house.
You might get some 1/4" stripwood and do the exterior half-timbered & beamed ceilings on the inside, for a H&G house. Or, if it's the witch's house, you can paint it gingerbread color and go beserk making it a great big gingerbread house!
I think the plastic windows are missing as I don't see them in place or in the bag in the box.
That's easy to replace!

I bought a partly built Sweetheart Cottage at a thrift shop last year with an eye to bashing it into 1:24 scale, but it was apparently assembled with some of Andrew's Bondo and wouldn't come apart without shattering into a billion bits. Other than enough chair parts I might can get one or two chairs out of (three, if I find enough scrapwood to manufacture missing pieces). I wound up doing a cosmetic overhaul and donated it to Toys for Tots. Because yours is already apart you can merrily bash with impunity, as well as with paint, glue, etc.