Does anyone know where to find cars?

winnie

Here's a great link to make your own, this is a future project that I'm gonna try to build. :ohyeah:

http://www.dhminiatures.com/projects-advanced.php?id=29

Oh Greg, this looks way cool! Will have to show this one to my hubby as he was a very keen mini-racing "dude" when younger, we still have a couple of those remote controlled cars around as well, now he might take this one up...

Hugs and thanks for sharing!

My interest in die cast cars relates to my villages and trains in particular. I look for 1:43, 1:48 and 1:50 scale vehicles

Try die cast direct as a start for large scale...1:12 scale vehicles. Too bad the plastic model companies Testors/Italerie, Revell/Monogram etc dont do more in 1:12. Plastic car models started with dealer promo models in 1:24 or 1:25 scale and have stuck there. Giant scale cars were started by Monogram in hte 60s with their Big T, Big Jag and Big Vette unfortunately the wrong scale for us as well 1:8. Pocher in Italy also did a series of EXCELLENT cars in 1:8 but extremely pricey and challenging to assemble

Ed

Hey Andrew, my DH collects the 1:18 scale cars but I didn't think that would be compatable with the 1" scale dollhouse. Guess I'll know for sure when the house is completed (though it may take a year so I wanted to look around for a car before then)...