Marble Tile Question

I a working on the floor of my shop and was thinking of using some marble tile sheets from Lowes. The individual tiles look to be nominally 1x2 (7/8 wide actually), about 1/8" thick, and self stick. They seem easy to score and snap to length probably due to how thin they are (I think they are made for wall decoration and not floors)

I have never worked with real marble tile before do I lay the tile then grout the lines between them? I plan to butt them as tighty together as I can so as to leave almost no gap. Do they need any type of sealer? They looked to be decently polished as is

On 7/23/2024 at 11:13 AM, jaxenro said:

do I lay the tile then grout the lines between them? I plan to butt them as tighty together as I can so as to leave almost no gap. Do they need any type of sealer? They looked to be decently polished as is

Yes - lay the tiles and then apply the grout. Since you are working on such a small scale and the gaps between the tiles will be so small, you may need to thin the grout to help it seep into the cracks. Because no one will really be walking on it, you won't need to worry about it being strong - only looking good. And remember, you can tint grout to whatever color or shade you want. The tiles should not need sealing, but usually floor tile grout is sealed to make it more durable and keep it from crumbling or wearing away. Again - since it will not be used as an actual floor or washed frequently, that step may not be necessary.