Need help with a chimney !

Renee Sullivan

I have been working on the RGT Queen Anne for YEARS ! I would love to redo my fireplace chimney to look like a brick fireplace. Any suggestions on what would be the best material to use ? Real bricks ? Egg carton ? Magic bricks? The fireplace now is that gritty stuff mixed with paint. I really don’t want to have to remove the chimney from the dollhouse if at all possible. Any and all suggestions would be great appreciated!!! 

That was on my bucket list. Years ago I did a two story 6 room house. I don’t remember if it had a name but I bricked it using red powder that I mixed with water. Painted the walls white. Then I used a cut out that looked like a stencil waiting for bricks. It stuck to the walls. The brick paste was evenly spread over the stencil. How thick the directions tell you along with how long to allow to set up. Then you pull the stencil up and off. The white paint shows like the grout between the “bricks”   I can’t get to it right now but I have a package of it to maybe do the chimmy on the Garfield so it’s currently available. 

Ah, the "Majik Brik", I remember it well From using it on two Dura-Craft dollhouses.  I use sandpaper for bricks; I colored my first batch with chalk pastels, which I then used on my Glencroft pub

dressing the Glencroft pub

as well as my McKinley.  I have since discovered a garnet colored sandpaper that I used on the base of my Washington 2.0 farmhouse

farmhouse front yard.JPG

1 hour ago, JustBarbara said:

I am using Andi miniature bricks for my Buttercup chimney.  My photos are too large a file size, so I can’t add them.  😖 

Here they are!  I emailed them to myself and when it asked the size I said “Small, please”!

IMG_3150.jpeg

IMG_3136.jpeg

IMG_3135.jpeg

IMG_3134.jpeg

IMG_3133.jpeg

IMG_3132.jpeg

IMG_3131.jpeg

IMG_3130.jpeg