German dollhouse furniture maker markings

Kami

I just purchased this vintage / antique display cabinet. Does anyone recognize the maker marking?

This was a bit of work. Drawers were sealed shut with varnish, so I worked them open with an extra sharp xacto, only to find the drawers were filled with lead, then covered in wax. I guess someone thought the cabinet was too top heavy, so the weighted it down with lead. I was hoping gold, and an amazing story, but nope. Just lead.

s-l1600 (1).jpg

cabinet 37.jpg

German cabinet 2.jpg

Posted (edited)
37 minutes ago, FurMama said:

Town Square Miniatures

Dang girl, you nailed it!!!

A million thanks. Maybe even a hug.

So, in the end it's not German made after all. Probably why my searches came up empty.

Townhouse Miniatures.jpg

Edited by Kami

It looks like a previous owner/s gave it a bath in hi-gloss varnish, which also sealed the drawers shut. I got the drawers open, now I need to take some steel wool to it and knock the luster back to something more like a hand-wax finish.

There's an orange stripper goo that will probably peel that gloppy varnish right off.  Do wear rubber gloves and work outside or in a carport, if possible.

• 2 weeks later...