So Excited - First Ever Dollhouse - The Glencroft

I have dreamed of building a dollhouse all my adult life and finally jumped in !!! I'm collecting startup gear.  The style and era is planned to be a Cotswold thatch roof, furnished in the 1940-50s style (think Miss Marple or Father Brown),

I have the basic tool kit, bought that cute miter saw, and of course already have others (I need to repair my Drimel).  Now to buy a wiring kit - I guess the Cri-Kit Basic kit will work for the Glencroft - 12 lights max?

Once the wiring kit is in house, I think I'm ready to begin.

Clearing up and preparing a room for build.  As I don't have a basement, and the garage is unheated, an upstairs bedroom/now dollhouse room will suffice - and it will share all of my yarn, spinning, sewing, etc.  Very flexible room :).

See you on the next step.  

Island Woman

• Like 2

Welcome to the little family.  If the Cotswold cottage is what the kit has told you it wants, then that's what it will become (Finnish member Susanna built a lovely cottage for Miss Jane Marple from the Glencroft).  I, alas, also wanted to build a cottage for Miss Marple, and my Glencroft wanted to become a pub...

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/4/2024 at 9:14 AM, Island Woman said:

I have dreamed of building a dollhouse all my adult life and finally jumped in !!! I'm collecting startup gear.  The style and era is planned to be a Cotswold thatch roof, furnished in the 1940-50s style (think Miss Marple or Father Brown),

I have the basic tool kit, bought that cute miter saw, and of course already have others (I need to repair my Drimel).  Now to buy a wiring kit - I guess the Cri-Kit Basic kit will work for the Glencroft - 12 lights max?

Once the wiring kit is in house, I think I'm ready to begin.

Clearing up and preparing a room for build.  As I don't have a basement, and the garage is unheated, an upstairs bedroom/now dollhouse room will suffice - and it will share all of my yarn, spinning, sewing, etc.  Very flexible room :).

See you on the next step.  

Island Woman

Sounds like we're coming from similar backgrouds! I sew, knit, weave and do some woodworking. Not sure I can make enough room for this in my sewing room, though, so it may live on my dining room table.
I love the idea of making this a Cotswold cottage!

Will you do stucco on the exterior? It seems like it should have a texture on it.