Plexiglass cover to protect dollhouse

Hello Everyone,

Has anyone made plexiglass walls on the back of their dollhouse to protect the inside of their dollhouse?  If so, I would love to see pictures.  I am looking to protect my dollhouse from one of my parakeets who has flew into the bathroom of my dollhouse!  He was sitting in the bathtub. Good thing that I never leave my birds unattended when they are out of their cage. 

I have had some luck with velcroing thin sheets of plastic to the backs of some smaller dollhouses to keep my cats out.  I have also tried plexiglass that I could slide in and out of tracks that I made from wood trim.  Mr. Kitty got those off because he has fine motor skills above and beyond the average cat.  It would probably be safe with a bird though.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, havanaholly said:

Karen, you might try gluing Velcro strips to hold your plexi to the backs of your dollhouses; if your kitty can pry those off he must be Hercules!

I have, and he is.  His other favorite activity is to climb up the stairs in my Garfields- No small feat for an 11 lb. cat. 

• Like 1