First try!

Ssjjrw

My wife and I have talked about building our own log cabin…. But since it’s something we can’t afford, she bought me the next best thing….. the Creekside Cabin Kit!!!

This will be my first attempt at building a “dollhouse”.     Any tips?????

Edited by Ssjjrw

1 hour ago, Ssjjrw said:

...Any tips?????

Read over the instructions.  Put it together with masking or painters' tape before you glue anything; this way you can do any whittling/ sanding to get a more perfect fit of parts together and also to see that you understand the instructions.  Sometimes doing this "dry" fit I find myself putting things together with glue in a different order.  If the kit starts to talk to you, LISTEN to it, have conversations with it and your little house will turn out fabulous!

This house has a lot of space and possibilities.  If you're feeling brave, I would recommend increasing the size of the windows upstairs so that you can use real windows.  The upstairs windows are small and low.  I used square windows because the standard windows won't fit.