Schematics for Glencroft

Fred Wegman

Hello Fred, I found this post from years ago about the Glencroft schematics. I will attach link from this site. You can click on the arrow to the right, at the Glencroft instructions from 2009 to read entire post. I will also see what I can find online.

Lori

Here is the post from 2009:
Do you have the schematic sheets?  If not, PM me and I can send everything to you by e-mail (already did this for someone else recently).  However, my instructions are for a kit bought in the mid-1990's, and I do not know if they have been changed.  The Glencroft is also my first dh, but I am bashing it to make it bigger. 

For other things you will need, look under the General ... forum.  There is a lot of good advice there and people will gladly answer any questions you have.  However, to start, do NOT use a hot glue gun - use Aileen's tacky glue or Elmer's white glue instead.  Wood glue is also ok.  Use masking tape for 'dry-fitting' and for holding pieces together while they dry, and have a utility knife (with the snap-off blades) or an ex-acto knife handy to help taking pieces out of the sheets or trimming pieces for a better fit.  Also, have lots of fine sandpaper.  Clamps can be used in some places.  For paint, use regular latex paint in satin or eggshell finish.  Stain and varnish depend on how you want the house to look.  For the wood floors, I am using "skinny sticks" from Michael's stained and glued to an acid-free paper template.  Look around the forums and decide what look you are going for. 

Edited by LoriLovesMiniatures

5 hours ago, LoriLovesMiniatures said:

Hello Fred, I found this post from years ago about the Glencroft schematics. I will attach link from this site. You can click on the arrow to the right, at the Glencroft instructions from 2009 to read entire post. I will also see what I can find online.

Lori

Here is the post from 2009:
Do you have the schematic sheets?  If not, PM me and I can send everything to you by e-mail (already did this for someone else recently).  However, my instructions are for a kit bought in the mid-1990's, and I do not know if they have been changed.  The Glencroft is also my first dh, but I am bashing it to make it bigger. 

For other things you will need, look under the General ... forum.  There is a lot of good advice there and people will gladly answer any questions you have.  However, to start, do NOT use a hot glue gun - use Aileen's tacky glue or Elmer's white glue instead.  Wood glue is also ok.  Use masking tape for 'dry-fitting' and for holding pieces together while they dry, and have a utility knife (with the snap-off blades) or an ex-acto knife handy to help taking pieces out of the sheets or trimming pieces for a better fit.  Also, have lots of fine sandpaper.  Clamps can be used in some places.  For paint, use regular latex paint in satin or eggshell finish.  Stain and varnish depend on how you want the house to look.  For the wood floors, I am using "skinny sticks" from Michael's stained and glued to an acid-free paper template.  Look around the forums and decide what look you are going for. 

I don't have the schematics, I do have the instructions. Hard to tell what parts.   fpwegman@yahoo.com

Fred, do not ever post your personal email address or other personal information in an open forum such as this one.  That's why we have a personal messaging feature, to protect our personal contact info from being harvested by spammers and webbots.

Julie, Sorry to hear that your Glencroft kit has no instructions or schematics.  I did just email Greenleaf asking if they could email me the schematics as well as the instructions.  I know Fred has contacted them too.  I did find the warm up sheet on line.  That should have been included with your kit too.  I can send you the pdf file of the warm up sheet.  The warm up sheet is for all Greenleaf dollhouses.

Glencroft Warm up sheet.pdf

Edited by LoriLovesMiniatures
Clarification