Brand new—to the hobby, and the forum, and everything miniature!

nutwife

Long story short—I always wanted a dollhouse; always fascinated by all things tiny.  My dad and I even set out to build one from a kit once, but the project languished as father-daughter projects sometimes do.

Fast forward a few decades and my daughter‘s Thespian troupe is looking for a dollhouse to use as a prop for a Haunted Hallway event that they are throwing, and I happen across a gorgeous one on Facebook Marketplace that is going for a song, and that’s all she wrote.  Now I am diving deep into the rabbit hole of miniature kits, miniature suppliers, wiring for electricity, wallpapers and floor coverings, and trying to determine my style (witchy and a bit haunted for sure, but what era?).  

It’s a loooooong term project, for sure.  I am giving myself several years to bring it to near-completion (and assuming it may take a decade of tinkering to feel like it is “done”).  But I am excited to work on it, and have a teenaged daughter interested as well so it can be a family project.

I live in Washington state, with two daughters, my husband, and two dogs.  My girls are 14 and 17 so we are in the thick of high school (and community college for my older daughter).  We are very actively involved in theater in our school.

I guess that didn’t end up being that short, did it?  Oh well—now you know a little bit about me. And I’ll try to figure out this image hosting thing so that I can insert some pics of my beauty!

Edited by nutwife
adding text
  • Like 1
  • Meow 1