anybod ever tried using wood veneer edgebanding for floors?

Elsbeth

I came across this:

http://www.cheyennesales.com/catalog/eband.htm

It looks like it might be useful for creating a wood floor.

I was thinking I'd glue them down like planks. Varnish them.

Anyone every tried this?

I'm planning the floors of my overstock.com Glencroft.

I suppose I might as well shell out $14 for the pre-made flooring at mini stores.

I am perhaps overthinking these floors, no?

I am obsessed with different flooring options...so don't feel bad! :congrats:

How much are those? I didn't see a price. They look like a great idea to me. For my wood floors I LOVE the small craft sticks...they looks SO much like a real hardwood floor. Very time consuming, but you can't beat how realistic they look.

I'm excited because I scanned some flooring I got into the computer and was able to play around with the colors. I'm printing them on high gloss thick paper...they are looking good so far!

I have use it and found it to be attractive. It was several years ago that I did. If it is the iron on kind just be sure that you can get into all areas especially corners. Keeping it flat as you go can be tricky, with your hand and the iron in a small room. Maybe a small quilters iron would work good. Don't have one, so haven't tried it. I'm glad you brought up this topic; I may try it again soon as I have some left over pieces. d*** T.

Bittsy,

This is available at the Home Improvement stores (Lowe's, Home Depot) and perhaps cheaper and in smaller quantities. Haven't priced it in a while but may check it out. d*** T.

Jenn, I have every color and size of those. I did use them on my Orchid to finish off the edges of the rooms although I've never tried doing a whole floor with them. Might look nice though. Try it on a card stock template first to see if you might like it.

the small craft sticks...they looks SO much like a real hardwood floor. Very time consuming, but you can't beat how realistic they look.

It can't be any more time-consuming than my method, and has the advantage that you can have crosswise floorboards where appropriate. Places like Jo Ann's have the mini-irons (for quilting) that will get into small, tight places.

D i c k, you may be able to get your name past the censor thingy if you spacebetween the letters.

I am obsessed with different flooring options...so don't feel bad! :wave:

How much are those? I didn't see a price. They look like a great idea to me. For my wood floors I LOVE the small craft sticks...they looks SO much like a real hardwood floor. Very time consuming, but you can't beat how realistic they look.

I'm excited because I scanned some flooring I got into the computer and was able to play around with the colors. I'm printing them on high gloss thick paper...they are looking good so far!

I've been using coffee stirer sticks from Starbucks. They really look nice and are thinner than normal craft sticks.

-Dave