UV Resin recommendation

Medieval

Oh hey! I actually use UV resin for my miniatures. Personally I wouldn’t use UV resin for stained glass, I have played with the method and prefer to use epoxy resin in which case I would recommend Art Resin. Reason I wouldn’t use UV resin is because 1) unless you’re willing to purchase the good stuff from Japan (Padico is the brand I use) they’re all pretty terrible and yellow badly (I’ve even purchased some already yellowed) and 2) adding pigment to the cheaper UV resin can get poor results if you don’t know what you’re doing as in your light isn’t strong enough or you put in too much pigment and it never fully cures for example. Either way I suggest using epoxy vs UV. Yes UV dries “quicker” but with resin doing things quickly doesn’t always give the best results. Hope that helps. 

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, Medieval said:

It does a great deal. Thanks for taking the time to share your expertise! So is expoxy the type where you mix two solutions in a cup?

Yes epoxy is the one you mix, the one I mentioned Art Resin is a 1:1 ratio so you don’t have to worry about doing any crazy kind of math when mixing and it has a decent working time too. It says it’s “safe” but I still wear my mask and gloves anyway. An for resin stained glass I used the pebeo cerne relief outliner. 

Edited by creationodyssey
Miss spelled word
  • Like 1