To prime or not to prime

Marlene

:p Okay, here is another question for all you pros out there. I am starting to construct my Pierce and plan on wiring this one. Where I bought the wiring kit, I was told not to prime the house as the tape would not stick as well to the paint. I have a book and it says to prime.

Help!!! Which way do I go. If the answer is to prime...which is the best to use?

On vacation I made a stop at Earth and Tree Miniatures in New Hampshire. My oh my oh my!!! What a shop. There website does not do justice for their shop though. It has anything and everything possibly imaginable for dollhouses. Huge amount of dollhouses set up and everything in them is for sale. Even has a separate room to sit and browse through all the binders of wallpaper they have in stock. If you can't find what you are looking for there...it probably doesn't exist. Plus, super helpful and friendly staff. If you ever get a chance...go...just go only with cash though as you may blow your card limit in there. But then again...you'll have lots of minis and what more could a miniholic ask for. :huh:

Hi, Marlene! I primed my house first. I didn't have any problems with the tape wire sticking, just be sure to press it down well. :p As far as which primer to use, I used just a basic interior house primer (I had it left over from a "big" house project).

Hi:

I have always primed the walls in any house that I have done, used the tape wire and never had a problem. I do give it a light sand with a 320 grit to remove any little wood fibers that may come to the surface after you prime the walls, this should give you a smooth wall for your tape. :p