Pierce 2nd floor bedroom window trim

Tigpuppy

For any of you that have done a Pierce....  Did anyone have any issues with the trim being too small for the 2nd floor bedroom window?  The window trim for the other windows though out the house may have been a tiny bit off, but not so that it's noticeable.  Not like this!

I can make my own trim (easy enough) but when I looked thru gallery photos at this room, the trim seems to fit.  I have no way of knowing if you fine people had to make your own trim or what though.

This is a picture of the trim against the paper wall template I made.

IMG_4727.jpg

I think that is the wrong bottom piece. My sills all reached all the way across the window. My side trims were always too short.

I'm trying to remember that that super short piece was for.  If I remember I'll let you know.

If I do a 2nd Pierce, I would make the interior sills protrude from the wall to mirror the exterior sills. I didn't think if it until I already glued some in.

On ‎6‎/‎27‎/‎2020 at 4:12 PM, Minis On The Edge said:

Does the very short piece act as a windowsill? I gotta look at my blog because I don’t remember right now but I’m pretty sure that’s what the smaller piece of wood is for. 

The sill has notches out of the corners and is too small for the opening too.  I have triple checked the diagram with the number on the piece of wood that I punched out and it says this is the right one for the bedroom window.  I'll have to cut new ones from scraps because this is a bit too far off for my liking.