Artificial grass

glen

Look in the model railroad section. THere are a large number of different materials to use. Noch and Kibri make nice grass mats for flat surfaces. Woodland scenics uses a ground foam product available in numerout colors and textures, the finest of these is almost putting green texture. To use these I would paint the grass area with suitable soil brown paint latex flat let it dry thoroughly. brush on slightly thinned acrylic matte medium...from the artists paint section and sprinkle liberally with the ground foam let dry shake off the excess

Ed

In the train section, there are grass mats made by Life-like that dostart to flake off pretty quickly. I like to use the Woodland Scenics products. I, however, would start off by painting the area green, like the grass you will be using. That way if it happens to get scraped or damaged, it will be less noticeable. The directions say to spray scenic cement onto the area after painting and then sprinkle on the "turf" followed by another spraying of scenic cement to lock it in.

If you don't want to buy the scenic cement, you can brush on white glue onto the area after it's painted, sprinkle on the turf and then use hairspray to lock itin. The cheaper the hairspray the better. Good luck! :lol:

Acrylic varnish...matte medium worksbetter than white glue

Woodland scenics turf either fine or medium will look great for lawns...the fine is almost a putting green texture medium looks like lawn texture and coarse is more like the rough on a golf course

Lifelike grass mat is not that great there are far better products on the market

Lifelike's grass is near useless looks way too coarse I remember it being dyed sawdust way too coarse

Noch's grass cloth looks wonderful in texture maybe a bit yellow to me

Several of the euro manufacturers have an electro static grass that when glued down actually stands up

Check out and experiment with the railroad ballast as a scaled down pea gravel for walks and driveways

Ed