Minisander - DIY

Soapz

Hello Everyone,

just thought I share my newest homemade mini-power tool with you.

Was cleaning today and found an old electric toothbrush I'm not using anymore. While deliberating if I should throw it away or keep it (it is just old not broken) I figured I could use it as a mini orbital sander. Use a hole punch on your sanding paper - glue the punched out disk on the toothbrush and you have an awesome mini sander. It works.....

• Like 2

I'm gonna try this one. I've looked at those small sanders and they want too much for them, imo. I have a couple beat up toothbrushes that I kept wondering what I could do with. Thanks.

I tried it on a few scraps since last night. It works good if you don't use too much pressure (or the brush part breaks and hits your grumpy cat). So, for parts where light sanding in repetitive patterns is required - awesome. I tried it on smaller pieces, glue seams, hard to get to corners and small bits - I like it so far. I also glued a polishing thingy on one brush (yes, I went out last night and bought a pack) and for polishing over my restored furniture - greatest tool ever because I don't have to watch for leaving marks like with the dremel polishing bits as the pin is missing (I scratched a tea table before - not so great).

I really like that it has that 90 degree angle - for everything else I can use a dremel.

And it is way cheap!

• Like 1