The blankety-blank creature is definitely stirring ...

KathieB

Interesting concept of having feral and domestic rodents.  The school where I was admin was in an older building with a large attic where we knew there were mice.  They stayed out of the school space for the most part but I'd sometimes catch one in a trap.  Well, one of our much loved blonde hamsters got out of his habitat (sneaky little escape artist) and was gone for a few days.  I lured him back by putting one of his favorite oatmeal raisin cookies into his habitat---the cookie was too big to fit thru the opening so the next morning there he was all curled up around his cookie.  Greed had once again lured him back into captivity.  I thought he looked rather snug tho and wondered what he'd been up to on his vacation until a few months later when I noticed that we were trapping rather large, very blonde mice.  <cackle>  No wonder he looked so smug!!  I always speculated that there were female mice up in the attic wondering whatever happened to that big, blonde guy and why he never called.  

I don't think that hamster mouse offspring is possible

but never say never

I had the opposite problems. I had my male mice in a cage that they were too big to get out of. What I didn't know was that the wild female mice were sneaking in through the bars to er, be flirty. A little later, we were trapping the largest mice we had ever seen. As you can probably guess, my trailer was full of holes and the landlord refused to fix it. So I eventually quit keeping mice and finally moved.