My Tyson's show goodies

prariegurl

I had a great time and the Tyson's (Virginia) miniature show this Sunday. I bought so many lovely things, and could have come away with twice as much if I had the money.

Elaine Koethe loved the little sweater I made. She now has it in her possession and is making a sweater man for my bungalow.

Alex Meiklejohn was ther with his hand thrown pottery. I bought some lovely goldne yellow nesting mixing bowls.

Joan Grimord had some of the loveliest punchneedle kits I have ever seen. Of course I bought one!

There was an artist there who made lovely little laser cut kits, and she had a tiny travel trailer birdhouse kit! Just the thing for my vintage trailer, and I have a real life bird house just like it as well! She said she thought she made a lot of them, but had already sold out and was taking orders. This was perhaps half an hour after the who opened, so they must have sold out during the preview or in the first few minutes after opening to the public. Of course I had to have the miniature, and she took my order for it, but in my excitement I forgot her name, and it isn't on the receipt she gave me either. I am sure I will get the kit, but it bugs me to be so excited about something and not even be able to tell you where to find one.

And lastly, my name was drawn for one of the door prizes. I won a Victorian hurricane lamp with rust flowers painted on it.

I had such a great time, and the Frederick, Maryland show is on the 29th!

Jeri, between stops in Mini heaven

I didn't want to go to the Tyson's Corner show because I don't have the money (but if I can $ell a couple of houses, watch out nexst time!). We went over & toured Gunston Hall (George Mason's home) and did I ever get inspiration, especially the chinoiserie drawing room!