Portsmouth NH - anyone live near there?

Jo Med

I'm a member of the Dolls House Emporium forum in UK and a new member joined recently. She is 70 years old and she has just bought an Orchid as her first venture into dolls houses. She asked for some help in the DHE forum and I gave her all the usual instructions about sanding, priming and dry fitting to get her started. She got into an almighty panic and says she can't do it. She can't dry fit the thing even with her daughter's help. I thought she lived in Portsmouth England but she's in Portsmouth NH. I suggested she try joining this forum but she says she can't register for some reason. She does sound very confused and not a little upset about the whole thing and I do feel so sorry for her.

Is there any kind person on here either from the Greenleaf support staff (who I think she has already contacted for help) or someone who lives close enough to Portsmouth NH to give this lady a hand? Even a phone call would be helpful I think.

Thanks for listening.

There is someone on here who is a teacher on here that is from NH but that doesn't mean she is from Portsmouth. I looked it up and it's on the Atlantic coast. It looks really close to Kittery, Maine on the map. Not sure in real time or distance though.

That's too bad that she is so frustrated. I wonder what she thought it was going to be like to build? Maybe she was under the impression it was like the puzzle houses.

Maybe she'll be able to get on the forum and we can help her.

That was what I advised her to do but she said she couldn't register, it said her email was currently in use so I am assuming she tried to resister before.